Monday, November 16, 2009

Home Sweet Kitchen

Was away from home for 5 days at a convention. The hotel is one I have stayed in before and they do a fine job. But restaurant food is all about sugar, salt and/or fat, and the best choice was simply portion control. When I got home on Friday, I rummaged around in the freezer and decided on meat loaf. 3/4 lb. in-store ground beef, 1/2 lb. Laura's Lean ground round ( laurasleanbeef.com ) and 1/2 lb. ground pork, along with all the other meat loaf "stuff". I also made real mashed potatoes whipped with the mixer. Amazingly, I found two small green tomatoes in the garden and several jalapenos and "fried' the tomatoes and stuffed the peppers with cream cheese.
This time of year I gravitate toward comfort food. Saturday I worked but marinated a pork tenderloin that hubby cooked on the grill.
Sunday lunch was tilapia and supper was an extra thick real pork chop (not pumped up with salt water) that hubby grilled, along with Georgia corn on the cob and a Kentucky sweet potato.
Monday was old-fashioned salmon patties made with left-over mashed potatoes.
It will probably be awhile before I suggest eating out. I admit to having missed my own cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment