Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nothing Fancy

After being away on Saturday and returning Sunday literally running to my shift at the store, I was glad in more ways than one that Conrad had put up a LOT of Eggplant Sauce in the freezer. He served it over pasta and it sure was good, with olives, onions, capers, tomatoes, and of course eggplant.

Monday was find the house day and knowing I had a class that night, I felt it best to plan something simple. I was leaving early and Conrad coming in late. Well, old tried, tired, but true, and not seen in a year, the old

Impossible Brocolli Pie

1 10 oz. bag frozen brocolli
4oz. sharp cheddar (I used reduced fat, also with the mild cheddar, with good results)
4 oz. mild cheddar (or whatever you have)
1 onion, chopped
3/4 baking mix (I used reduced fat)
3 eggs
1 cup milk (I used skim)
salt, pepper, hot sauce, dried herbs to taste

Preheat oven to 400. Spray 10 inch pie plate with non-stick spray. place brocolli, cheese, and onion in plate and toss to distribute well. In blender, blend eggs, milk, baking mix and seasonings at 30 seconds till well blended. Pour over brocolli and cheese mixture. Bake 40 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.

Even though I used reduced fat products and skim milk, I was still quite pleased with the result.

Suggested go-withs: soup, pasta salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment