Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fast Fish Friday

Knowing we are getting up EARLY Saturday morning to travel to the Community Farm Alliance conference, I planned a quick meal for after work on Friday. Louisiana girls love catfish, and Kroger had frozen catfish nuggets on sale for $1.29 lb.  I squirted brown spicy mustard on the nuggets - no extra salt- and added breading. On a pan sprayed with non-stick spray, I placed the nuggets, tater tots and jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese. Cook 15-20 minutes. Our salad was Black-Eye Pea Salad, also known as Texas Caviar. I drained and rinsed 1 can of black-eye peas, added 1 chopped green pepper, 3 washed and chopped green onions, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 jar pimentoes. Then I started with 3 Tablespoons Apple-Cider vinegar and 2 Tablespoons salad oil, dash hot sauce, and fresh black pepper. Add salt, and Italian seasoning to taste, more vinegar and/or oil to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment