Friday, April 30, 2010

I Confess I Cook with Campbell's

Yep, I do, but I use the healthy versions because I have to watch my salt.

Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes

3 Tbsp. olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 chopped green onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used healthy)
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 Tbsp. dried basil
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)

Heat 2 tbsp. oil skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 10 min. or until well browned on both sides. remove chicken from skillet. add remaining oil and heat tomedim. add green onion and cook 2 min. Stir in soup, wanter, vinegar and basil. Return chicken to skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and Cook 5 min. Serve over noodles and sprinkle cheese over.

King Ranch Chicken

I usually use chicken breast in this recipe, but you could pre-cook leg quarters and take the meat off the bone for the casserole.

3/4 boneless chicken breast, cut in bite-size pieces
1 chopped onion
1 rib celery chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use healthy)
1 can cream of mushroom (healthy)
1 can ro-tel tomatoes
2 cups grated cheese - cheddar, or jack or mixed as your preference
8-12 corn tortillas
extra chopped onion for crunchiness if you like

Heat oven to 400.  Spray large skillet with cooking spray, add chicken, onion, celery, cook till chicken no longer pink. Add garlic, cook one minute. Take off heat. In large bowl, stir together soups and tomatoes. Spray 9 by 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Layer tortillas, chicken, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat, adding onion. Top with tortillas for extra crunch. Bake till bubby, at least 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment